Age Concern Jersey’s HQ is now at Plaisant Place, Val Plaisant. Age concern was opened by the then Lieutenant Governor, His Excellency Air Marshal Sir John Sutton, K.C.B. in June 1994, it plays a central role to the services we offer. Windsor House is home to our charity shop, which is situated at the side of windsor house.
Every day of the week Age Concern is a hub of activity. With craft sessions, computer classes and social activities in our day centre, lunches served daily, a hairdressing salon and visiting chiropodist there’s always something going on to keep Jersey’s senior citizens active.
To find out more about the individual activities and services available please visit our home page.
Additional services we offer include:
- Free transport to and from Age Concern is available.
For further information about any of the services we offer, please call our Freephone 0800 735 0345. We’d love to hear from you.
Age Concern Jersey is a Jersey based charity that supports the elderly in the community and also campaigns on their behalf.
At Age Concern Jersey we have a clear vision for the future:
- That there should be no ageism. Age should be recognised as a gift not a burden.
- That older people should be given respect and courtesy.
- That older people should have enough money to live on and not rely on hand-outs.
- That older people should be able to enjoy a sense of well-being in a safe and secure environment.
- That older people should have access to full health care.
- That older people should be valued and not treated as second class citizens.
- That older people should have a voice in the community.
Please use this site if you are interested in the services we can provide or if you wish to donate money or gifts, to help with fundraising, or are interested in volunteering.
Age Concern Jersey receives no financial support from the States of Jersey for the administrative operation of the charity and relies totally on the generosity of the local community to support its work. Age Concern Jersey is also not affiliated to any other charity.